A user area is an isolated grouping of user accounts that allows you to build custom areas for your signed up users such as a members or customers. All user areas share the same infrastructure and features, but are partitioned to provide a strong level of isolation. They also benefit from separate configuration profiles, so you can have different roles, security policies and registration requirements.
The Cofoundry admin panel is itself a user area and so you benefit from the same level of security and features we use ourselves such as roles, permissions, password recovery and auditing.
In this section:
- Samples: The best way to learn about user areas is to have a look at one of our sample projects.
- Defining a User Area: Register your user area by creating a definition class.
- The Ambient User Area: Understand the "ambient" user area and how it affects the context of the currently signed in user.
- Controlling Access: Learn how to lock down access to the content in a user area.
- Data APIs: Documentation on the wide range of data access APIs available.
- Configuration: Customize the configuration of your user area.